[ Last Updated: November 11, 2020 ]
We render services to you by means of website and mobile applications. We collect your information only for the purpose of improving your experience of using BuddyDo services, facilitating your use of BuddyDo services more expediently, and obtaining the information that you need in a faster and more accurate way.
Your personal information is utilized for providing seamless service, member management, developing new service and service notice purposes. Including identifying one another in BuddyDo, inviting friends, providing contents or specific customized services. Also, it is utilized for various member management efforts including identity confirmation and identification according to the use of membership-based service, to prevent dishonest or unauthorized use, to verify intention to join membership, to check duplicate subscriptions, to process customer complaints and to deliver notices.
BuddyDo collects the following personal information upon initial use of BuddyDo service for purposes that include user registration (or service sign up) and provision of various services. The collected personal information will be uploaded to our servers and the information includes name, mobile phone number or email address, password and device information. Profile image, birthday, gender, name and mobile phone number or email address of the individual’s friend that the user invited as a member. Account information of Facebook and Google Plus for connection with external services are collected optionally.
Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Information BuddyDo requires to create your BuddyDo account is a phone number or an email address, password and your nickname. Also your BuddyDo account settings such as notification and invitation settings.
- Information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first name, last name, profile photo, gender, and birthday. Any information you add to your profile may be visible to other people in your group as described on your profile management page.
- When you create a group on BuddyDo, we collect your personal information (as the group owner), your group name and description, your user name that appears in your group, your group banner picture and your group settings. Optionally, you can individually add phone numbers or email addresses for people you’d like to invite to your group.
- Information about the device you’re using BuddyDo on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- When you use BuddyDo, we record information including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to BuddyDo, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- BuddyDo will ask for your permission to access your address book. If permitted, we will access the name, phone number and/or e-mail address fields of your device to find friends who are also using BuddyDo and have granted their consent to being found via their phone number or e-mail address. Once you have added a friend (buddy) in BuddyDo, you can send them messages, call them via audio and video call services. We will access only the name, phone number and e-mail fields in your device’s address book; we do not access any information from other data fields, nor do we use this information except for purposes other than adding or recommending friends or preventing unauthorized use. If you would like to invite individual friends or contacts to connect with you using BuddyDo, you may send them invitations directly via SMS or e-mail directly from your device using the address book on your phone. When you use the invitation function in BuddyDo, we will access your address book to identify your friends. After your friend(s) have been identified, you can send invitations via SMS or e-mail on your device.
Cookies do not automatically or actively collect personal identification information, therefore you can always refuse saving cookies or delete them. You can control cookies through your browser settings and other tools. However, if you reject all cookies, there may be limitations in using certain services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing BuddyDo Services. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you. We also use your information to provide you access to various BuddyDo services.
- Improving BuddyDo services. To make the product better we have to improve and monitor the effectiveness of our service.
- Investigating BuddyDo Service. It is our permanent goal to investigate and keep BuddyDo secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Developing New Products and Services. By receiving your feedback and understanding the way you use BuddyDo service. We strive to develop new products and services for a much better BuddyDo service.
- Responding to your requests and solving your problems. If you contact us with a problem or feedback, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as we may contact you to inform you about changes in our services or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to BuddyDo users about new product features or other news about BuddyDo.
Information Sharing or Disclosure
We may share your information, including in some cases information that specifically identifies you such as your name, your email address or phone number.
This section discusses only how BuddyDo may share user information. Organizations that use BuddyDo may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through BuddyDo. BuddyDo may share information without notice:
- Depending on group settings, group members may be able to add or invite new members to a group. Group or personal information such as user’s name and photo may be shared or disclosed among the group members.
- To law enforcement or government agencies in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to safety concerns, or in cases where we believe the Terms of Service are being violated.
BuddyDo protects your personal information with appropriate physical, technological and organizational safeguards and security measures to prevent information loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
BuddyDo stores and manages your personal information in encrypted form to prevent loss, theft, leak, falsification or damage of personal information. BuddyDo does the best to prevent leakage or damage of the user’s personal information by hacking or computer viruses.
BuddyDo makes system backup of personal information in case of deterioration and prevents leakage or damage of the information.
BuddyDo has implemented industry standard security mechanisms to protect the information that you provide. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. BuddyDo does not take any responsibility for problems related to leakage of personal information such as account information and password caused by user’s carelessness or internet connection. And we strongly advise you to keep your account safe by using a strong password.
Other Web Sites and Services
BuddyDo is not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service, including the information or content contained within them. The use and privacy of the linked site is in no way subject to our privacy policies.
You can request the removal of your account and personal information pertaining to the BuddyDo server by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and it may take some time to process your request. However, any personal information that is left within a community will still be kept, and the retention, removal or revision of that information is entirely within the rights of the administrator(s) of the community. After the account is deleted, you will no longer be able to log in to the service provided by BuddyDo Inc. with your original account.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use BuddyDo after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or any part of our service, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com.